Cooking with Bibi Aysha
Recipe of the week
Bibi Aysha Laher’s Oreo Mousse Dessert
– 1 packet of Oreo biscuits, put 3 biscuits aside. Remove the frosting from the remaining biscuits & crush using a rolling pin
– 500ml whipped cream
– 1 slab plain chocolate, melted
– 1 large clear bowl or 6 wine glasses
Donate to our feeding schemes to those desperate for food and basic needs. Even R10 for the sake of Allah may be a means of barakat.
Rasulullah ﷺ said, ” Whoever relieves a believer’s distress of the distressful aspects of this world, Allah will rescue him from a difficulty of the difficulties of the Hereafter.”
1. Divide the whipped cream into 3 bowls
2. Leave one bowl of whipped cream as is
3. Add melted chocolate to the second bowl of whipped cream and beat to form a chocolate ganache
4. Add most of the crushed Oreo biscuits to the remaining bowl of whipped cream & beat together. Arrange the remaining crushed Oreo biscuits at the bottom of your large dessert bowl or individual dessert bowls.
5. Start layering the mousse beginning with a layer of crushed Oreo mousse, then top with a layer of whipped cream & end off with a layer of the chocolate ganache mousse.
6. Break the 3 Oreo biscuits in half & and add to the top of each individual dessert bowls or on the top of the large dessert bowl.
7. Serve chilled & enjoy!