Cooking with Bibi Aysha
Recipe for Talbina, a porridge made from barley, which is a sunnah food.
– 1 cup pressed barley
– 1 cup milk
– 2 tblsp olive oil
– 1 cup water
– brown sugar & honey to taste
– quarter cup of sliced almonds
– chopped dates, pomegranate rubies, and cinnamon powder to garnish
Donate to our feeding schemes to those desperate for food and basic needs. Even R10 for the sake of Allah may be a means of barakat.
Rasulullah ﷺ said, ” Whoever relieves a believer’s distress of the distressful aspects of this world, Allah will rescue him from a difficulty of the difficulties of the Hereafter.”
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan, then add the barley & cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until golden
2. Add milk, water & almonds, and mix well.
3. Bring to boil.
4. Cover the pot with a lid & and allow it to simmer until the barley mixture is tender, which will be approximately 30 minutes.
5. Add brown sugar & honey to taste.
6. Pour into 2 bowls & garnish with chopped dates, pomegranate rubies & cinnamon.
7. Serve hot or cold