Cooking with Bibi Aysha
Ingredients for cake :
3 large eggs
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 cup orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
1 1/2 cups cake flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb
1/2 cup oil
Ingredients for syrup:
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sugar
Donate to our feeding schemes to those desperate for food and basic needs. Even R10 for the sake of Allah may be a means of barakat.
Rasulullah ﷺ said, ” Whoever relieves a believer’s distress of the distressful aspects of this world, Allah will rescue him from a difficulty of the difficulties of the Hereafter.”
1. Preheat the oven to 160°.
2. Grease and line a large loaf pan of approximately 25cm.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Add vanilla essence and beat.
5. Mix in orange juice and rind.
6. Combine sifted flour, salt, baking powder and bicarb into the mixture.
7. Add in oil and beat till combined.
8. Pour into pan and bake for +/- 40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Once the cake has cooled down, drizzle the previously made syrup over the cake and decorate with topings of your choice.
Method of making syrup:
Boil together the sugar and orange juice.