Cooking with Bibi Aysha
Bibi Aysha Laher's signature Chicken Corn Soup recipe
-500g chicken fillets, washed & cut into small cubes
– 1 litre milk, room temperature
– 1 litre water, room temperature
– 60g soft butter
– less than a quarter cup of white flour
– salt & black pepper to taste
– 1 tin of creamstyle sweetcorn. I use 2 tins
– 1 tin of Nestlé cooking/dessert cream, beaten
– 2 tsp ground garlic
– 1 packet of Knorr mixed vegetable soup powder dissolved in water
– 1 packet of Knorr mushroom or white onion soup powder dissolved in water
– chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
– 2 whole green chilies, optional
Donate to our feeding schemes to those desperate for food and basic needs. Even R10 for the sake of Allah may be a means of barakat.
Rasulullah ﷺ said, ” Whoever relieves a believer’s distress of the distressful aspects of this world, Allah will rescue him from a difficulty of the difficulties of the Hereafter.”
1. Cook cubed chicken pieces in salt, black pepper & 2 tblspoon of ghee. Cook over medium heat until tender.
Add half or 1 tsp of ground green masala for an added kick.
Remove chicken from heat and leave aside.
2. In a large soup pot melt the butter then add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon to form a roux. Do not burn!
3. Add 500ml water & 500ml milk to the pot and keep stirring for a few minutes. Optional: Add the 2 whole chilies as well.
4. Add the creamstyle sweetcorn and chicken cubes & garlic into the pot and mix well.
5. Now add the remaining 500ml water & 500ml milk into the pot and keep stirring.
6. Season to taste with salt & black pepper.
7. Add the beaten cream last and bring to a boil. Add more milk if the soup is too thick.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander or serve as is with crusty rolls or toasted bread or croutons and ENJOY!